Enjoy a blissful paddle on Sydney's magnificent Middle Harbour and explore beautiful alcoves and tropical secluded beaches. This tour includes a gourmet cafe lunch and coffee at one of Sydney's popular Middle Harbour beach cafes.
Departing from Tunks Park boat ramp (Brothers Avenue, Cammeray) and paddling up to the end of Long Bay, Mosman, and around to The Spit Bridge. We follow the beautiful harbour around the bay, hugging the shoreline, which is perfect for both beginners and experienced paddlers.
You will visit Wreck Bay and learn the history of the shipwrecks that are scuttled there, and enjoy an abundance of wildife, including the local family of Tunks Park Pelicans, baby stingrays, occasional seals and penguins, plus plenty of other bird life.
This is a great waterway for beginners and families, looking for a relaxing day on the water.
Enjoy the experience with friends or come along and meet new people. We have 9 single kayaks available for this paddle, making it sociable, yet personable.
What to bring/wear:
• Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting wet. (From paddle splash)
• Wear thongs /kayaking shoes/flip flops.
• Sunscreen, sunnies, hat and any other necessary sun protection, plus a windbreaker jacket in case of a cooler breeze.
• A towel to dry off after the paddle. (In case of paddle splash)
• Plenty of drinking water.
• A dry bag or secure key box is provided for your car keys.
• Current launch location is Tunks Park Boat Ramp, Brothers Avenue, Cammeray.
What’s included in the tour:
• All equipment hire, including a single sit-inside Grifinn Kayak, paddle and life-jacket.
• A dry bag for your phone, keys and camera.
• A bottle of water for on the tour. (Still bring your own to make sure you have enough).
• A qualified Personal Trainer / Kayak Instructor to safely guide you to the coffee shop and back.
• An exclusive, small group tour of just 10 people, including your Trainer/Guide.
• A coffee/tea/cold drink and lunch from the cafe, choosing from gourmet burgers, salads, fish and chips and wraps.
This tour is 4 hours long, but is paddled at a very leisurely pace with a good rest stop at the beach cafe. There is plenty of parking near the boat ramp in Tunks Park, or if you are coming by public transport, you'll need to catch a bus to "Miller Street near The Boulevarde" and then walk down "The Boulevarde" just before the bridge (Northbridge).